ELSO’s goal is to recognize and honor ECLS programs that reach the highest level of performance, innovation, education and quality.
The ELSO Award for Excellence in Life Support recognizes ECLS programs worldwide that distinguish themselves through their processes, procedures and systems, and demonstrate excellence and exceptional care in extracorporeal life support.
The Gold or Platinum Level ELSO Award recognizes those centers who have achieved qualifying scores on the Excellence in Life Support Application.
ELSO also recognizes new and developing centers that are following ELSO guidelines but do not yet meet all the application criteria required for the Center of Excellence designation at the gold or platinum levels.
The Silver Level ELSO Award recognizes these centers that are on the Path to Excellence.
1. Centers should be familiar with the ELSO Guidelines.
The ELSO Guidelines for New ECLS Programs
The ELSO Guidelines for Training and Education
2. Centers may evaluate their readiness for the Award process by using the Readiness Tool.
ELSO Award Center of Excellence Readiness Tool 2017
ELSO Award Pathway to Excellence Readiness Tool 2017
3. Centers should download and read the Application Worksheet prior to completing the online form.
The ELSO Award for Excellence Application Worksheet 2017
4. Additional Supporting Documents that are required for completing the Award Application
The Center of Excellence Committee Policy and Procedures
Award for Excellence (Gold or Platinum Level)
• $3,500 fee USD (International ELSO Centers in specific countries may be eligible for a discounted fee)
• 3 year Award Period
• Must be a member of ELSO for at least 3 years
• Must have supported an average of 5 patients per year for the past 5 years
• Must have reported all patients to the ELSO registry
• Must complete all sections of the ELSO Award Application
Center on the Path to Excellence (Silver Level)
• $2,000 fee USD (International ELSO Centers in specific countries may be eligible for a discounted fee)
• 3 year Award Period
• Must be a member of ELSO
• Must complete sections 1, 2, 3 and 4
Application submission period OPENS December 1, 2016 and CLOSES April 1, 2017 at 12:00am EST
Award recipients will be recognized with a plaque at one ELSO conference:
• The 28th Annual ELSO Conference (Baltimore, MD, USA, 2017)
• The 6th International EuroELSO Congress (Maastricht, Netherlands, 2017)
• Asia Pacific ELSO Meeting (Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia 2017)
• South West Asia ELSO Meeting (New Delhi, India 2018)
Applications submitted after the deadline WILL NOT be considered.
Start My Application
Any questions or concerns please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org