Fellowship of the Extracorporeal Life Support Organization
What is FELSO?
Induction into Fellowship of the Extracorporeal Life Support Organization is an honor bestowed on select physicians, nurses, perfusionists, therapists and researchers who have provided distinctive contributions to the global art and science of extracorporeal support delivery. Election to FELSO identifies global recognition of those who have advanced the field in diverse and lasting ways. The charter class of FELSO inductees was selected in 2015. Annually, a small number of awardees will be presented with the honor.
Qualifications for Fellowship:
- Extraordinary, distinctive contributions to the art and science of extracorporeal support.
- Outstanding innovations in extracorporeal support
- Significant research and/or device development
- Extensive publication in the field
- Distinctive leadership/public advocacy
- Objective evidence of extraordinary compassionate care
- Recommendation by other recognized leaders in extracorporeal support and by Fellows
- Emphasis on diversity in:
- International representation
Nominations for Fellowship of the Extracorporeal Life Support Organization (FELSO)
The ELSO community can now make nominations for induction to FELSO, the honorary designation recognizing extraordinary contributions to the art and science of ECLS. Applications will receive consideration by the FELSO Nominations Committee. Please see the application below for more information.
FELSO Nomination Form - Closed for 2020
For more information please email FELSO@elso.org