The Extracorporeal Life Support Organization website (the “Site”) is comprised of various web pages owned and operated by Extracorporeal Life Support Organization (“ELSO”).
The information posted on the Site and contained in the ELSO Guidelines and other publications available through the Site describe useful and safe practice, but are not necessarily consensus recommendations. The ELSO Guidelines are not intended as a standard of care, and are revised at regular intervals as new information, devices, medications, and techniques become available.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
The Site may contain links to other websites ("Linked Sites"). The Linked Sites are not under the control of ELSO and ELSO is not responsible for the contents of any Linked Site, including without limitation any link contained in a Linked Site, or any changes or updates to a Linked Site. ELSO is not responsible for webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any Linked Site. ELSO is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by ELSO of the Linked Site or any association with its operators.
NO UNLAWFUL OR PROHIBITED USE
USE OF COMMUNICATION SERVICES
The Site may contain bulletin board services, chat areas, news groups, forums, communities, personal web pages, calendars, and/or other interactive or communication facilities designed to enable you to communicate with the public at large or with a group (collectively, "Communication Services"). You agree to use the Communication Services only to post, send and receive messages and material that are proper and related to the particular Communication Service. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when using a Communication Service, you will not:
• Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
• Publish, post, upload, distribute, or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information.
• Upload files that contain software or other materials protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy of publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents.
• Upload files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer.
• Advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any business purpose, unless such Communication Service specifically allows such messages.
• Conduct or forward surveys, contests, pyramid schemes or chain letters.
• Download any file posted by another user of a Communication Service that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner.
• Falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded.
• Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Communication Services.
• Violate any code of conduct or other guidelines which may be applicable for any particular Communication Service.
• Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including e-mail addresses, without their consent.
• Violate any applicable laws or regulations.
Use of email addresses or other identifying information of users of this Site or members of ELSO or its affiliated chapters or lists containing such information for any purpose not specifically authorized by ELSO is strictly prohibited.
ELSO has no obligation to monitor the Communication Services. However, ELSO reserves the right to review materials posted to a Communication Service and to remove any materials in its sole discretion. ELSO reserves the right to terminate your access to any or all of the Communication Services at any time without notice for any reason whatsoever.
ELSO reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in ELSO's sole discretion.
ELSO does not control or endorse the content, messages or information found in any Communication Service and, therefore, ELSO specifically disclaims any liability with regard to the Communication Services and any actions resulting from your participation in any Communication Service. Managers and hosts are not authorized ELSO spokespersons, and their views do not necessarily reflect those of ELSO.
Materials uploaded to a Communication Service may be subject to posted limitations on usage, reproduction and/or dissemination. You are responsible for adhering to such limitations if you download the materials.
USE OF MATERIALS
All material on the Site, including, without limitation, the ELSO Registry, the ELSO Guidelines, all other publications, all text, user interfaces, visual interfaces, photographs, vides, trademarks, logos, sounds, music, artwork, files, documents, images, software code or other materials (collectively, the "Materials"), including but not limited to the compilation of such Materials on the Site, are owned by ELSO or other parties that have licensed their material to ELSO, and are protected by copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property and unfair competition laws.
ELSO’s names and logos are trademarks and service marks owned and used by ELSO (the “ELSO Marks”). All other trademarks and service marks on the Site are the property of their respective owners. You are not authorized to use the ELSO Marks without the prior written consent of ELSO. Requests for authorization should be made to email@example.com.
SUBMISSIONS PROVIDED TO ELSO OR POSTED ON THE SITE
By submitting, sending or otherwise making available information or other material on or though the Site (“Submission”), you grant to ELSO the royalty-free, unrestricted, world-wide, perpetual, irrevocable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such Submission (in whole or part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed and warrant that you own or control the rights to the Submission and that you have all necessary rights to submit, send or otherwise make available the Submission and grant such right and license to ELSO. You also warrant that any “moral rights” you have in such Submission have been waived.
YOUR REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES
By using the Site, you represent and warrant that:
• You are at least 13 years old or older.
• You shall at all times comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations with respect to your use of the Site and with respect to any product or service related thereto.
• You shall not use the Site to infringe, misappropriate or violate any rights of ELSO and/or any third party.
• You are the owner or permitted licensee of any Submission that you upload or provide to the Site, and have the complete right and ability to provide such Submission to the Site. Further, you will not violate any agreement you have with any third party by uploading or providing a Submission to the Site.
MATERIALS AND WARRANTY DISCLAIMER
THE MATERIALS, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES INCLUDED IN OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE MAY INCLUDE INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS. CHANGES ARE PERIODICALLY MADE TO THE INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THE SITE. ELSO AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS MAY MAKE IMPROVEMENTS AND/OR CHANGES IN THE SITE AT ANY TIME. ADVICE RECEIVED VIA THE SITE SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON FOR MEDICALADVICE AND YOU SHOULD CONSULT AN APPROPRIATE PROFESSIONAL FOR SPECIFIC ADVICE TAILORED TO YOUR SITUATION.
ELSO AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, RELIABILITY, AVAILABILITY, TIMELINESS, AND ACCURACY OF THE MATERIALS, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND RELATED GRAPHICS CONTAINED ON THE SITE FOR ANY PURPOSE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ALL SUCH MATERIALS, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND RELATED GRAPHICS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND. ELSO AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH REGARD TO THE MATERIALS, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND RELATED GRAPHICS, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless ELSO, its officers, directors, affiliates, successors, assigns, employees and agents for, from, and against any claims, demands, obligations, liabilities, losses, costs, damages, fines, and expenses, including reasonable attorneys' and consultants' fees and expenses, made against ELSO by any third party due to or arising out of or in connection with your use of the Site.
ELSO reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate your access to the Site and the related services or any portion thereof at any time, without notice.
DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT (DMCA) NOTICES
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please send written notification to our Designated Agent:
Ann Arbor, MI 48103
You should only send notice of potential copyright infringement to our Designated Agent. For all other inquiries (e.g., requests for technical assistance or customer service, reports of email abuse, and piracy reports), please contact us through our contact page.
Your written notification must include the following:
• An electronic or physical signature of the owner or of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
• A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
• A description of the material you claim to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
• Your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
• A statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
• A statement by you made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
Last updated May, 2015